Sustainability Summer Intern
Do you have what it takes to intern at the best bike company in the world?
Our Summer Intern Program provides you an inside look to your potential career path, providing you the opportunity to put your coursework to use in practical applications! You’ll be exposed to the day-to-day tasks and long-term strategies required in your department while creating valuable relationships working alongside experts in the field. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
A bit about us:
Trek is an awesome place to work! We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so.
We are seeking a sustainability intern to help expand our sustainability program at Trek. We need an awesome individual with experience in the circular economy, carbon accounting, lifecycle assessment, and research experience to help us become as good at environmental sustainability as we are at bikes.
We aim to give opportunities for students or recent graduates who are looking to gain experience in the sustainability field.
Our Summer Intern Program runs from May 2021 through September 2021. This is a full-time, paid internship ($15.00/hour), that's right; we're paying you to spend time with us, get some work done, and have some FUN while doing it! This will be a remote internship with the option to work from Headquarters, based in Waterloo, Wisconsin if locally based. You will have access to the Sustainability team members via Teams meetings, email and phone.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
· Duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Research sustainability topics
· Research and synthesize industry best practices for manufacturing
· Support lifecycle assessment initiatives with guidance on modeling and data collection
· Assist in development of procedures, reference resources, and educational resources
· Aid with carbon accounting efforts
· Communicate cross-functionally (supply chain, retail, marketing, compliance, product management, etc.)
· Recent graduate or currently completing a degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related discipline (Pursuing a master’s degree is a plus!)
· Passion for sustainability
· Experience with lifecycle assessments and LCA modeling, preferably with GaBi
· Excellent research and analytical skills with ability to synthesize complex scientific concepts for a non-technical audience
· Manufacturing and/or data analysis experience is a plus
Work Environment: This is a remote internship with option to work at Headquarters if locally based
· Responsible for a reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace