Part-Time Finance/Accounting Intern/Co-Op
Gorton’s, America’s leading frozen seafood company, has Finance and Accounting opportunities available for students as an Intern or Co-Op at our Gloucester, Massachusetts’ headquarters (45 miles north of Boston). This temporary position offers the opportunity to gain experience and an understanding of the role of the Finance or of the Accounting activity within a consumer packaged goods company. Gorton’s offers the combination of an entrepreneurial spirit often found in smaller organizations, along with the resources of an innovative consumer products leader with a global presence.
As a Gorton’s Intern, you will contribute within the Customer Finance, Financial Analysis or Accounting area. The Customer Finance area overseas the financial transactions between Gorton’s and our customers, which include large grocery retailers across the United States and Canada. Financial Analysis provides analysis and insights to functional areas and senior management to support business decision making and planning. Accounting ensures that business transactions and other metrics are properly recorded, and provides reporting and analysis to internal and external business associates. Each area works closely with other functional areas including Consumer & Customer Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Information Technology and Logistics. You will have the opportunity to develop an understanding of the various Finance and Accounting activities within Gorton’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree Candidate majoring in Finance, Accounting, or closely related major (Prefer students completing their Junior year)
- Career interest in Corporate Finance and/or Accounting
- Available to work 20 hours per week during the internship
- A demonstrated ability to work independently
- Outstanding attention to accuracy and detail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative, self-starter
- Solid PC Skills
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of people
- Must have permanent work authorization in the U.S.
Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization (U.S. citizenship or permanent residency/green card.)
Gorton’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer