Product Management Intern
Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
Are you interested in learning how to harness technology to solve real world problems for consumers? Are you curious about what it takes to be a Product Manager at a leading technology company?
iRobot designs and builds robots that empower people to do more in their lives. As a pioneer in the robot industry, iRobot’s goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst and change the world by fueling the era of robots.
Product Managers at iRobot play a key role in creating and executing on the product vision: developing deep consumer and market insights, translating those insights to product requirements, launching the product into the market, and then maximizing consumer satisfaction post-launch. They work closely with a cross-functional team of User Experience, Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics and Commercial colleagues to bring our robots to life.
We are seeking a Product Management Intern to join our team. Working alongside other Product Managers, you will take on high-impact projects on one or more of our product lines. You’ll be exposed to a variety of roles and responsibilities across a product’s lifecycle, and will leverage your curiosity, creativity and business knowledge to improve iRobot’s business.
This is an internship that will run Aug/Sept through December.
Essential Functions/Job Duties
- Gather, analyze, and report key consumer and market insights – both qualitative and quantitative – from a variety of data sources in order to inform product requirements
- Assist with in-home consumer testing of both new and existing products by developing questionnaires, collecting and analyzing data, and creating reports and summary presentations
- Research and document competitive products’ features, pricing, and positioning to enhance our understanding of the competitive landscape
- Assist in day-to-day management of in-market product SKUs by maintaining SKU sheets, spare parts lists, product data sheets, etc.
- Contribute data analysis, research, and content to strategic projects relating to the company’s product roadmaps
- Help keep the Product Management team efficient and organized by maintaining and improving document management systems and databases
- Build relationships with iRobot colleagues across the entire company
- Bring a “consumer-centric” mindset, a fresh perspective, and a positive attitude to work everyday
- Have fun!
- Enrolled in BS/BA studies in Business Administration, Marketing or Engineering
- Highly organized with proven project management skills and superior verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyze data sets, draw insights, and communicate those insights effectively
- Experienced working with MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Able to work in a fast paced environment working with multiple team members
- Able to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- iRobot is an “Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled”